- Name: Izuyo “Izzy” Iwamura
- Age: 16
- Blood: He’s reasonably sure it’s pure, but his family records are not intact. Doesn’t even know who his grandparents (on his mother’s side) are.
- Birthdate: May 5, 2076
- Place of Birth: Havana, Cuba
- Occupation: Student, Hogwarts' resident neurotic genius.
Izzy is relatively tall, slender in build and mousy in demeanor, with a flair for both flashy and nondescript dressing. His eyes are dark brandy in color, his hair raven black, his complexion a matte olive. His features are soft and reserved, his face framed neatly by his hair - he often looks distant or confused, regardless of the situation. Izzy is often recognizable for his tendency to polish his nails in metallic colors and for his tendency to wear a pair of silver barrettes, both things not seen terribly frequently in male students.
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 144 lbs
- Distinguishing Features: Izzy himself is a distinguishing feature.
Ah, now there’s the rub! Izzy is a prodigy in every sense of the word, and could often be called the smartest person in the room (or country) without even the slightest touch of exaggeration. With this startling intelligence and talent has come a few things – an extreme level of compassion and empathy, an insightful solution to every problem, a wealth of knowledge, a tendency towards extreme frustration when he fails at any task, and an extremely quiet and contemplative demeanor. Izzy is fascinated by the human animal, but he has trouble getting along with it. While there are few people he doesn’t understand, there are equally few who actually understand him. Izzy wants happiness, at the end of the day, like any other person – but his desires are often arcane and incomprehensible, and he spends a substantial portion of his time in solitude.
- Previous Schools: Izzy’s first two years of study were at Hanakotoba School of Magic, his third and fourth years were at Candlecross Witching Institute. In his fifth year, he moved to Britain with his father, and has since attended Hogwarts. It is uncertain if he will remain for his seventh year.
- House: Ravenclaw
- Position: Keeper for the Quidditch team
- OWL Scores:
- Charms: O
- Transfigurations: O
- Potions: O
- Herbology: E
- Defense Against the Dark Arts: O
- Divination: A
- Care of Magical Creatures: O
- Ancient Runes: O
- History of Magic: E
- Muggle Studies: O
- Astronomy: O
- Defense Against the Dark Arts
- Care of Magical Creatures
Izzy seems to be good at most things he tries to do. He has shown an ability for virtually everything academic, and has a rather impressive artistic repertoire as well. He sings (his voice is a leggiero tenor), plays piano when the mood strikes him, and has composed at least three symphonies (likely more, but he doesn’t show his work to the world much). He is a very good actor and dancer, and has a deep love for musical theatre, but he rarely indulges in this due to the relative lack of interest in the wizard world.
Izzy is a magical prodigy - an excellent duelist, transfigurer, charmer, magical caretaker… there seems to be little to do with magic that he doesn't have an extraordinary talent for. The one grand exception is divination, where he managed to fake his way to an Acceptable score on his OWL, but he showed no ability for it at all. Izzy is a very good, but not very flashy flier - his handling of a broom is technically extremely proficient, but not the sort of thing that would ever catch the usual eyes. Despite his wide array of magical talents, Izzy spends little time involved in such things as 'dueling clubs' and other extracurricular events. He has transferred between too many schools to attempt it.
- Patronus: Corporeal. A harvest mouse.
- Animagus: Izzy is capable of the Animagus transformation - he becomes a small hazelnut-brown harvest mouse.
- Wand: 9” – Jacaranda and Bisan Wingvein
- Broom: His mother got hold of an Awesomecat for him. He hasn't told anyone yet. Unfortunately, it's sure to come out in Quidditch before long…
- Pets: Hispaniolan Burrowing Owl named Doc Holliday.
- Other Belongings: Many things that aren't particularly important. His books and his notebooks are the only things he really seems to treasure.
His father was Aisan Iwamura, a linguistic interpreter for the Japanese Ministry of Magic (Kijushou), frequently sent abroad on mission. His mother was Haruhi Kojima.
From these two facts, one can reasonably infer that his life has been far from normal. One can also reasonably infer that Izzy is not particularly likely to talk about it.