- Name: Colm "Colman" Quinn
- Age: 18
- Blood: Half Blood
- Birthdate: October 12th
- Place of Birth: Bogland (Doolin, Ireland)
- Occupation: Student
Possessed of an unobtrusive amount of self-confidence, Colm carries himself handsomely and quietly upright - this alone may have saved him from the awkwardness he should have endured in puberty. Now in his final year of schooling, Quinn's grown into most of his parts, but most people remember him for only a handful of things: piercing Irish eyes, his affinity for tall boots… and the occasional clonic-tonic seizure.
- Height: 5 feet 10½ inches
- Weight: 140 pounds (10 stone)
- Distinguishing Features: Always seen with boots on. Always.
The embodiment of fair play, it's easy to mistake Colman as benevolent - to an untrained eye, he's the picture of friendliness. His ability to not to take things personally usually goes completely underrated; his habit of hero-worship to the worthy tends to take people off-guard. To those who have the (dis)pleasure of running into him on the norm, it becomes excruciatingly obvious he's nothing more than neutral - the judge and, if need be, the jailor or executioner. A politician interested, not in self-gain, but answers and the end-game. This has produced a world view twisted and warped to be dispassionate towards all endeavors that distract from obtaining equilibrium.
- House: Hufflepuff
- Position: Prefect
- O.W.L. Scores:
- Charms: O
- Potions: E
- Herbology: A
- History of Magic: O
- Defense Against The Dark Arts: O
- Astronomy: A
- Divination: O
- Transfiguration: E
- Defense Against the Dark Arts
- Mini-Ornithologist: Colm has a passion for birds - identifying different species and sub-species, learning their habits, their behaviors and their uses & symbolism in the natural and wizarding worlds.
- Libra: To an extent, he has a fair ability at diffusing tension and arguments. Colm has an unbiased mind capable of judging "fairness" and accepting what is fair may not be what is favorable (followed by the ability to act accordingly).
- Seer: Quinn has inherited the mind of the seer - the Inner Eye - from his maternal great-grandmother, Eilís MacAteer. His ability is still budding; prophecies are still extremely rare and come with gifts of seizures. Colm has only had one true prophecy to date.
- Divination: Not surprisingly, Colm is fairly adept at divination. He has a better grasp on these methods than he does on his innate ability and has been known to give groundless warnings when he's not careful about what he says.
- Other Potential: In accordance to dreams of becoming an Auror, Quinn has worked hard to achieve good marks in D.A.D.A and Charm work - where he shows the most skill. Transfiguration, Potions and Herbology are things he has to work for and cause him the most grief.
- Patronus: corporeal. Golden Eagle.
- Wand: Alder, 12", Augurey Tail Feather
- Pets: Carrion Crow, "Kennedy"
- Other Belongings:
- Pewter, two-sided coin
- Licence to Apparate
- Rubber bands
- Hard candies
- Paper clips
Colm MacAteer Quinn is the second of five children and the first of only two to survive the unfortunate matings of half-bloods Lorcan and Chloe Quinn, nothing great was ever expected from him. He'd hardly been a blip on the radar when he entered Hogwarts (where he was sorted right into Hufflepuff without question) and that certainly didn't change his second year.
His third year is where the greatest change started happening. In his third year, Colm had finally decided what career path he wanted to walk after schooling… and his third year marked his first year in the divination classroom.